Very Challenging Questions for Challengers! m

ققنوس ایران

عضو جدید
  • hello
  • we use on the corner when referring to an open space does have no significant dimensions(the height, length and
  • width)like street road,..... but we use in the corner when referring to a closed space with significant dimontions like room
:);)

ebi1060

عضو جدید
  • hello
  • we use on the corner when referring to an open space does have no significant dimensions(the height, length and
  • width)like street road,..... but we use in the corner when referring to a closed space with significant dimontions like room
:);)

yes u r right. let me just elaborate it to some extend. we can use both in/on the corner in a place where there is a corner of course.

lemme explain though an example:

imagine your room.

1) there is a book on the corner.
2) there is a book in the corner.

in fact if we consider our room as a wide open area we use the first one, and if we consider it as closed area we use the second one. so both of the sentences are grammatically correct. it is just a matter of your choice how to consider a place. and even on a street when you feel you are in closed area surrounded by tall buildings you can use in the corner.

waiting for some challenging questions. lemme learn sth from you. thx

ebi1060

عضو جدید
which sentence is correct
He is always losing his keys .1
He always loses his keys. 2

I think the second one is correct.
the first one is fishy i guess since;
1- as far as i know we hardly ever use lose in continuous way. like the verbs love, hate, know,... and
2- always is an adverb of frequency and we do not use it in present continuous actions

:redface:

ققنوس ایران

عضو جدید
I think the second one is correct.
the first one is fishy i guess since;
1- as far as i know we hardly ever use lose in continuous way. like the verbs love, hate, know,... and
2- always is an adverb of frequency and we do not use it in present continuous actions

:redface:

dear friend
nice try but both sentences are correct
you are completely right we use Frequency Adverbs in Simple Tenses but we can use them in ContinuousTenses when we complaining about bad habit or situation
the first sentence referring to a bad habit of object (he) but in the second sentence we talk about typical habit so the first sentence is complain sentence and as true as the second thanks​

آخرین ویرایش:

ebi1060

عضو جدید
dear friend
you are completely right we use Frequency Adverbs in Simple Tenses but we can use them in ContinuousTenses when we complaining about bad habit or situation
the first sentence referring to a bad habit of object (he) butin tthe second sentence we talk about typical habit so the first sentence is complain sentence and as true as the second thanks​

thx

no offense; would u plz tell me what was your source? I mean in what book did you read about it, so i can try improve. thx:gol:

ebi1060

عضو جدید
Here I put a one-night story. Let's see who can simplify it. Do your best.

....That night, it was the first and the last time I asked him to test the water. But in fact I send him to do a Bull's job. Having been history he went on barking up the wrong tree. "I do not know the ropes" he said When he was back. It looked fishy! Hence I decided to see if the coast was clear as I asked him to hang in there. In a second I hit on that the fat was in fire and .........m

;)

ققنوس ایران

عضو جدید
Here I put a one-night story. Let's see who can simplify it. Do your best.

....That night, it was the first and the last time I asked him to test the water. But in fact I send him to do a Bull's job. Having been history he went on barking up the wrong tree. "I do not know the ropes" he said When he was back. It looked fishy! Hence I decided to see if the coast was clear as I asked him to hang in there. In a second I hit on that the fat was in fire and .........m

;)

That night , it was the first and the last time I asked him to Analyse the situation .But in fact I sent him to make things worse.Having been history he chose the wrong way ."I do not have the knowledge of how to do that " he siad when he was back .It seemed suspicious ! so I decided to see if everything was ok as I asked him not to give up. In a second I found out that trouble was about to start  

ebi1060

عضو جدید
That night , it was the first and the last time I asked him to Analyse the situation .But in fact I sent him to make things worse.Having been history he chose the wrong way ."I do not have the knowledge of how to do that " he siad when he was back .It seemed suspicious ! so I decided to see if everything was ok as I asked him not to give up. In a second I found out that trouble was about to start

thank you! m

it was great. but there are just a few mistakes.
1- Having been history: when he left me
2- hang up there: stand there
3- fat was in the fire: the thing which was not to happen, just happened and nothing can be done. m

I guess this post is just for u and me! where are you ladies and gentlemen? m:redface:

ebi1060

عضو جدید
which is correct :
a mp (member of the parliment ) or an mp
a useful or an useful
a honour an honour
good luck ;)

the correct ones
1- an MP (m is unvoiced here)
2- a useful (u is voiced)
3- an honor (h is unvoiced)

as another example we say an hour not a hour

which ones are correct and why?

1- the table's leg is broken
2- the table leg is broken
3 the leg of table is broken

;)

ققنوس ایران

عضو جدید
the correct ones
1- an MP (m is unvoiced here)
2- a useful (u is voiced)
3- an honor (h is unvoiced)

as another example we say an hour not a hour

which ones are correct and why?

1- the table's leg is broken
2- the table leg is broken
3 the leg of table is broken

;)

very nice
and to answer your question
as I kow we use ('s) to express that someone [persons (always) and animals(usually) ] owns something but with things we always use this formula: none(possession)+ (of) + the + owner and we can only use none (adjective )+ none so I think the third sentence can be correct if you put a (the) befor the owner (table​

ققنوس ایران

عضو جدید
which words complete these sentences: (Question tags

?.......... Thre was a large crowd , wasn`t
?..........Nothing can stop us now
?..........Let`s go swimming

ققنوس ایران

عضو جدید
1- was no there
:surprised:2- u tell me
3- shall we

I dont know how to write from left to write easily!

well done ;)
2.can it
to write from left you have to select all your text with (ctrl +a) and then choose left

yosoufe

متخصص خودرو
کاربر ممتاز
dear friend
the first sentence referring to a bad habit of object (he) but in the second sentence we talk about typical habit so the first sentence is complain sentence and as true as the second thanks​

thx

no offense; would u plz tell me what was your source? I mean in what book did you read about it, so i can try improve. thx:gol:

I studied this grammar in the book called "Grammar for IELTS",published by Cambridge University, in the first unit page 3.
thanks for your topic

آخرین ویرایش:

m@ys@m

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
Bird is bird but Fly is an insect as a noun.

:):cool:

What's the difference between ASSUME and GUESS and SUPPOSE?​
assume
to think or accept that sth is true but without having any proof
Let's assume for a moment that the plan succeeds

suppose
to think or believe that sth is true or possible, based on the information you have
Prices will go up, I suppose

guess
to suppose that sth is true or likely
I guess I'm just lucky.

m@ys@m

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
i will explain you why this sentence is not true.

what is the grammatical error of the mentioned sentence ?​

بالا